DJLOOP Compiler is a software utility that allows You to create DJLOOP files for MidiJay.
1. After downloading launch the program file clicking twice on DjlCompilerSetup icon;
2. An installation wizard will appear, choose the desired options and push the “Next” button to confirm the choice and go to following screens/options;
3. Push then the “Install” button to installa the program files;
4. A screen will appear to confirm the completed installation. Push “Finish” button to complet the installation procedure.
DJL COMPILER - Foreword
First of all, thanks for downloading the DJL Compiler program. This program is used to create your own DJ-Loops on your PC and then transfer these into the Midijay for immediate use.
The program can be installed on your computer (PC) simply by double-clicking on the Executable file and following you installation procedure as displayed by your Operating system (you may have to unzip the file to a location within your computer’s Hard drive first).
The DJL Compiler runs exclusively on Windows Xp, 2000 and 98 platforms (* TM).
In a few words, this software compiles Wave files pre-arranged for use in the MIDIJAY (similar to those you’ll find in the DJLoop/ Groove /SFX Master Folder) and control with the Intro A/B/C/D/FILL/BREAK/END buttons.
Here are some conditions that need to be met prior to using this program to ensure fluent transistion between your files!
1. Wave files must have been created with 44.100 Hz and 16 bit attributes
2. These files should be “cut” with each one having it’s own Start and End points in order to get musical coherent loops once loaded into the MIDIJAY (good audio software will be required for this).
3. Always keep in mind that the END point of the loop should be “Cut” properly in order to avoid glitches or ‘space’ or else this could cause the loops not to be in perfect sync with one another as you change from Arr A, B, … Ending on the Midijay.
As mentioned before, the DJL COMPILER “ processes “ Wave files previously edited (cut, stretched … etc) by Audio software such as SOUND FORGE ( *TM) WAVELAB ( *TM) …etc.
HOW TO ARRANGE THESE FILES
Wave files for this DJL Compiler could have different sizes and lengths and of course could “include” information such as Markers!
Markers (see details on your own Audio software) are used to instantly skip from one point of the song to another (where pointed/marked) without playing out the complete current song measure/beat.
What does this mean?
You could select a different Wave (using A/B or Fill) whenever you like and jump to another Wave part immediately when the next Marker point is activated .
Fit Markers on your own files based on your musical jujdgement and select the “best points” to switch from one part to another. You might have to experiment with this a little bit before getting quite comfortable with it.
DJLoop are in most cases similar to Styles patterns. Remember that these file are created in order to run sequencially (with no manual chord changes from the user)…just a Loop file for you to play along with or simply listen to and re-arrange in real time!!
For this reason, you have to create your DJ-Loop with musical coherence and attributes in order to obtain a perfect combination of loops and performance with the Pattern/Style!
The DJ-LOOPS on MIDIJAY must be arranged with eight files (INTRO- /A/B/C/D/-FILL-BREAK-END) prior to compiling the final loop. If some or any of these parts are missing (or you’ve just created a few parts – less than 8), you’ll have to reuse any of the previous wave files in the other parts. So let’s say you have only 7 wave files you want to use for this loop – one of these wave files will have to be reused in one of the Midijay parts (Intro, A/B …) so in other words, FILL and BREAK might have to ‘share’ the same Wave file in order to complete the loop!
Remember all locations of DJL Compiler must be filled!!
HOW TO LOAD FILES IN THE DJL COMPILER
As soon as your Wave files are completed, you will have to load them into DJL Compiler.
Start the program by clicking on the program icon (which after installation should now be on your desk top or within your program meau). To the left of the main screen of the program [DJL Sources Compiler], there are several boxes (Intro, Arr A …Ending) that coorespond to the equivalent buttons on the Midijay unit. This is where you’ll insert the previously arranged Wave files.
1. Press the INTRO button to access files that will be associated with the Intro button on the Midijay.
2. Browse for the file you want to use and load the Wave file by clicking on it. This file will now be used as your Intro.
3. Repeat this for the Arranger, Fill, Break and Ending buttons. You can click on the cooresponding speaker icon to hear exactly how this file will be played. This is also an exact copy o what will be heard when you press the Intro/coresponding botton on your Midijay unit.
4. The right box will provide you with the information with regards to the corresponding loaded file (such as sample rate, bit sample …etc).
Before Compiling the DJ-Loop, please set the BPM information located on the DJL Option window .
MIDJAY will show this information on DJ loop Tempo screen .
READY TO …. COMPILE !!!!
So now all files are loaded on DJL Compiler and ready for processing! Remember that all 8 must be filled and so you might have to reuse others if you are short a couple!!
1. Press the Compile button and the DJL COMPILER will show a location where the final D-Loop file will be saved. If you have the Midijay connected to the computer, you may choose to save the loop directly into the DJ-Loop Master folder of it’s Hard drive.
2. Type the name of the file to be saved (the extension .djl will be add automatically). After a few seconds, the text “FILES SAVED” will appear on the DJL Compiler Report view. In this screen, all processing information (like Name, Size etc.) could be saved as a text ( .txt) file for your records .
Now, the Djl Loop file is ready to be transfered from your Computer to the MIDJAY DJLOOP / GROOVE /SFX Master Folder by using USB port (if you didn’t save directly to this as suggested above) .
Due the DJLoop size you can hardly transfer this file by using a floppy disk instead of USB connection!!.
OTHER FEATURES AND UTILITIES ON THE DJL COMPILER
Here is a quickly tour on the other features and utilities of this software.
These features are located on the FILE menu and show attributes on DJLoop “ Project.”
Project - meaning all contents loaded before processing
1. Load DJL Project : used to load previously arranged DJL Project (and of course to save too)
2. Save DJL Project : used to determine where the DJL Project will be saved
3. New DJL : Default setting. This function clears all the files loaded previously, so you can start from scratch.
1. DJL Compiler Report. All information about the compiling done can be saved as a text file/report! This report shows details of files used on this Project (Name , Size and others) .
2. About : ..Just some information on this software , Release version and Copyright
3. Help: Quick guide of DJL Compiler in HTM format
IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc.
All other company and product names are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
(Copyright © 2005 KETRON s.r.l.)
All Rights Reserved
Ketron s.r.l. allows the use of the software DJLoop Compiler for Win32, against acceptance of the following terms and condition: You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using the software; You have to back up all the data of your computer before loading this software; Your use of this software determines your acceptance of this license agreement.
The ownership and copyright of this software belongs to Ketron s.r.l. that allows you as an individual the use of this software "AS IS".
Prohibitions and Limitations
You may not alter, convert, disassemble, reverse-compile, duplicate, lease, sell, distribute, license or sublicense in whole or in part the program or allow another one to do so. The creation of any program based on the content of this software is also prohibited. The use of the software is limited to the only purpose of connecting and interfacing musical instruments made by Ketron s.r.l. to a computer.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANING FILES ARE MADE AVAILABLE "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE, QUALITY, UTILITY, FEATURES OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
Ketron s.r.l. shall not be liable or responsible in any way including incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use of this software.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Italy. In case of any dispute, the Italian court exclusively will have jurisdiction.